Ohio LinuxFest is a community event. We try to provide the content that you ask for, and we rely on you to make the event happen. There are many ways you can be a part of Ohio LinuxFest.
Event VolunteersIf you would like to help out at the conference, please fill out this form.
Help Spread the WordSpread information about the conference via social media and more!
Volunteer Staff Needs
It takes a lot of effort to put on Ohio LinuxFest each year, but as the old saying has it, many hands make light work. Maybe you can volunteer for one of our needed areas. These are our most critical needs:
- Safety Director - our most pressing need.
- Ohio LinuxFest Institute (OLFI) Chair
- Logistics Manager - a position for a highly detailed person.
- Store Manager: We need someone to manage our store on Friday and Saturday.
- Sponsorship Committee Members: We are looking for people who can join our sponsorship team. We're looking for people who can help identify and contact companies, not just in the Columbus area, who may be willing to sponsor the conference. These people will work under the guidance of the sponsorship chair.
- DIOS Chair: A very important part of Ohio LinuxFest is our annual Diversity In Open Source workshop (DIOS) held on Sunday afternoon. For a DIOS chair we are looking for someone to do everything from helping to generate PR, identifying and approaching speakers, and the coordination of the actual workshop.
- Early Penguins Chair: The Early Penguins track is a series of talks on Friday which are a preview of the main event on Saturday. This person would work with our Speaker chair to set up this track. Preference given to someone who has attended OLF and/or has experience selecting speakers for a conference.
If you think you could do one of these jobs, please drop us a line at team_at_ohiolinux_dot_org. We'd love to hear from you.